Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Recipe

This was a recipe Carolyn Simpson made for an RS dinner not long ago and it was really, really good.  It's super easy to make and healthy too!


Spinach Salad with Chicken and Noodles

Cook, drain, and rinse 6 oz Rotini noodles

Fry until golden ¼ cup sesame seeds in ¼ cup vegetable oil

Dressing:
 ¼ c. vegetable oil
1/3 c. teriyaki sauce
1/3 c. white wine vinegar
3 T. sugar
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper

Pour dressing over noodles. Chill 2 hours or overnight.

3 cups cooked chicken, cubes or strips (salt and pepper chicken)

Salad greens:  8 cups spinach leaves  ( I use only the spinach leaves—but the recipe adds l/2 c. green onion, chopped and ½ c. fresh parsley)

Toss together before serving. Do not sit overnight (spinach will wilt).

*Just as a note, I leave out the sesame seeds, and use olive oil in the recipe instead.  Somehow that makes me feel healthier. :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i have been wanting this recipe. i wonder if she ever makes anything that isn't good?

Kristen said...

Not that I know of. She's amazing!