Monday, December 7, 2009

Finding My Willpower

I'm not sure where it went or exactly when it left me.  When it comes to food, I feel like I eat as though it might be my last meal.  My willpower to eat only one helping or to eat a smaller portion is nowhere to be found.  I did really well for one week.  I felt better, my clothes fit better, I was proud of myself for eating well.  Then the next week--out the window.  I made up for the good week and then some.  Funny how that works.  I really believe its not about dieting, but about a lifestyle.  I need to be able to eat in a way that I can maintain for the long haul.  I haven't figured out the secret, but I'm still trying.  I sure hope that counts for something.  One thing I've decided is that I need to be able to eat a smaller, yet healthy breakfast.  I need to convince myself to stick to it.  And I just need to do it.  I sometimes lose patience and just want to be done with it already.  But I hope if I make some small changes, little by little, I'll be more successful and eating less will be less overwhelming.  In the meantime, Cory notched his belt down a notch yesterday.  Lucky duck.  I'm not sure what he's doing, but I wish he could do it for me too. :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so with you.

Screaming Meme said...

I am finding my willpower too! :) Hi, Im Meme from Screaming Meme...i want to personally invite you to sign up for my Chalk Paint giveaway...it ends May 26th...Hope you stop by to check it out!