Friday, September 18, 2009
Keeping At It
I think the biggest change we've made in our family, is just that we're being more conscious about making good choices. We may not exercise every single day or we may not get in the exact length of workout we should, but we're trying to incorporate exercise into our daily routine. I loved what Amanda and Neal said about playing volleyball with the kids. Its just a little thing, but it keeps you moving and helps you get some exercise and interact with the kids, all at the same time. After much ribbing, Adam and I got up early yesterday morning and went and played tennis. (Having these extra adults around the house comes in handy sometimes. :)) While I pretty much stunk it up as far as tennis goes, the exercise was great. Granted, most of it came from chasing over- or under-hit balls, but at least it was something. Several times I've tried to fit exercising into what I'm already doing. I might do 30 squats while I'm folding laundry. Instead of just grabbing a shirt to fold out of the basket, I'll incorporate a squat into it. It doesn't take much extra time, but it helps. When I go downstairs to do laundry or get something I need, I've been trying to jog the stairs or make one extra trip, just to keep moving. It can be hard for me to fit in a block of exercise sometimes, but by doing a little bit here or there I think I'm making progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds like my tennis game. I spend more time running around and chasing a ball than actually hitting it, but you're right, it's still exercise. good job!
What a great idea to sneak some squats in while doing laundry or other chores! I'm going to have to remember to do that.
Post a Comment