Sunday, September 13, 2009

That was hard

Ok, so I decide i'm going to walk before figs. The weather here is really great and I hate it that i'm not already walking, but it's really hard with four kids. I start out the front door to walk in the neighborhood across the street and i realize it's been a long time since i've done any exercise. as i'm walking i start to think about how long it's been and i relize that it's probably been since i was pregnant with ally. how the heck did that happen? i mean, i've walked since i've had her, but i haven't made exercise a part of my everyday life. i can't believe it. i've always been a walker since jr. high. oh well, i guess life just gets in the way sometimes, but now that i realize it i'm going to do better. i think walking is more important for my mental and physical health than weight loss so i know i need to do it everyday. unfortunately, today my legs feel like a ton and it's hard as heck. i can really tell it's been a long time. maybe it won't take long to get my endurance back.
walked 1.6 miles=27 minutes

2 comments:

Carolina girl said...

So true. I need exercise more for the endorphins myself, because I get so easily discouraged and overwhelmed at times. But it is sooo hard to get back into the habit even though I know I need it so badly. When I was exercising an hour each day a before I got pregnant, I felt sooo good, mentally and physically. I just need to do it!

Amanda said...

I agree. It makes me so happy and my mood is so good all day long. you would thin that in itself would be motivation enough.