Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"This Is The Week"

Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. I have actually been telling myself this same thing for months, knowing that the baby is here and I really have no excuses anymore.The truth is that I have so many changes to make that I've decided that it's too overwhelming to try to make them all at one time, which is probably part of the reason I haven't been successful yet. So I've decided that I will focus on two changes a week, and then as one becomes a regular and easy part of our lives, then I will add another one. For this week I have decided to focus on cooking healthier meals and not eating after 7 PM. I did really well with cooking healthier meals today. In fact, here is the recipe that I made for lunch for me and Aaron today. It was quite delicious!



Chicken Cheese steaks

8 oz. chicken breast
1 oz. reduced fat mozzarella
1/4 cup white onions, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
1/4 teaspoon lite salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
4 inch wheat pita (I used a wheat sub roll)
cooking spray

Coat skillet with cooking spray and saute peppers and onions over high heat. Add chicken, sprinkle with salt and onion powder. Cook until chicken is done. Add cheese and put mixture in pita. Makes one serving.

*I used the frozen chicken breasts. I sliced it as thin as I could while it was half frozen, and then cut it into little pieces, just to try to make it as much like Andy's as possible. And no, it wasn't as good as Andy's, but it will make your heart happy.........and healthy! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks sooo yummy. i bet neal would love this. does aaron come home for lunch?

Carolina girl said...

He is usually done with work by noon, or close to it, most days. Thank goodness, because if he had a job where he had to work until 5, we'd hardly ever see him.

melibwig said...

YUMMO! We have to try that. Thanks for the receipe...keep them coming. I need ALL the help I can get. Amanda, this blog was a GREAT idea...good job!

Neal said...

Yes, I would like to try this, so could you please make them for supper? This looks like my kind of meal.

Amanda said...

Neal made this last night and it was so yummy. Thanks for the recipe.